Saturday 2 February 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I recently celebrated my 4th year anniversary with my boyfriend, and I decided to make him some cookies. Some chocolate chip cookies! Nothing beats the smell of cookies fresh from the oven, right? The recipe is super easy but since I only had one baking tray, the amount of time I took to bake the cookies was way longer than expected. But it was worth it! The cookies were delicious, if I say so myself.
Here's the recipe I used. I cut down about 75g of sugar but I still thought it was a tad too sweet. Oh, and I melted the butter first. Honestly I skimped a little on the chocolate chips and I totally regretted it. I put a 100g less and I didn't feel that it was chocolatey enough. But it wasn't that bad. 

If you prefer chewy cookies just pull them out a few minutes earlier. And to make them evenly sized, I used a 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon to scoop the cookie dough on to the tray. And make sure you leave plenty of space in between the dollops cause the cookies expand like crazy. The small dollop made about 3 inch sized cookies. Trust me, I learnt that the hard way. This recipe made about 60 3 inch cookies? 

Anyway, this is the recipe to try. I'm sure it won't disappoint! 

No comments:

Post a Comment